Seems like everyone is baking lately. We have been making lots of bread in my house, and not surprisingly, cinnamon buns!
My daughter, the original cinnamon baby, is an avid baker and my son Sam, the little boy in The Pirate's Bed, is an avid photographer--so, they got together and made this stop motion. I helped out by being an avid eater.
Try this prompt for writing based on the memories evoked by scent:
1. Choose a scent your really like--cinnamon, vanilla, pepper, your Mom's perfume, wet dog (I dunno!)
2. Close your eyes and imagine the smell and pay attention to the memories it evokes.
3. In one minute, write down five or six memories related to that smell.
4. Choose one memory and write about it in detail for five to ten minutes--what other senses are important for that memory?
5. Make some cinnamon buns and eat them. (Not strictly part of the prompt, but important.)